Re: Re: Moving a live production database to different server and postgres release

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Re: Moving a live production database to different server and postgres release
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Ulas Albayrak <ulas.albayrak@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK,
>
> I see. Does this mean I need to install Slony-I 1.x on both systems or
> is different versions of Slony-I, say a 2.x and a 1.x, compatible? The
> reason I'm asking is because the new server db will be part of a
> permanent postgres replication system in the future and installing a
> newer verision of Slony-I would spare me some future work.

Slony I 2.x is still not quite ready for production anyway (but it's
getting close) so you're better off with Slony I 1.2.x anyway.  If the
older version of pgsql needs an older slony, then you'd have to go
back to Slony I 1.0.x or 1.1.x or whatever to migrate, then you could
upgrade to Slony I 1.2.latest.

We do all our migrations / upgrades with slony I 1.2.x and it works
like a champ, with total downtime measured in seconds or minutes for
the switchover.