Re: Database Cluster Initialisation Failed" error during PostgreSQL install

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Database Cluster Initialisation Failed" error during PostgreSQL install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please keep the thread on the mailing list.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Padmanabha, Shruthi (UMKC-Student)
<spbhf@mail.umkc.edu> wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> I was trying to install PostgreSQl 8.4.4-1 on my Windows 64bit Vista machine. The machine does not have Microsoft
VisualC++ installed on it . I did not find any log file C:\Users\SHRUTH~1\AppData\Local\Temp
> I have also attached a screen shot of my error message and inspite of the error I have a folder PostgreSQL in
> C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL as a result of my intallation. Please can you help me out with this.

The logfile may have a name starting bitrock_, if the installer didn't
get a chance to rename it to install-postgresql.log. Without it,
there's not really anything I can suggest.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company

От: "Igor Neyman"
Сообщение: Re: Preserving order through an inner join
От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: PG 9.0 large object permissions