Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Though I'm not sure if this should be fixed for 9.0, I attached the
>> patch (move_bkp_cancel_warning_v1.patch).
>
> This patch is worth applying for 9.0? If not, I'll add it into
> the next CF for 9.1.

I'm not convinced that this is a good idea, because ISTM it will make
the error message to be less likely to be seen by the person running
pg_ctl.  In any case, it's a behavior change, so I think that means
it's a no-go for 9.0.

In terms of 9.1, it might make sense to log something to both places.
But maybe we shouldn't just do it once - maybe it should happen every
30 s or so until we actually manage to shut down, with a list of
what's still blocking shutdown a la errdetail_busy_db.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company