Re: Bug / shortcoming in has_*_privilege

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Bug / shortcoming in has_*_privilege
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> wrote:
> test_us@workbook=# select has_table_privilege( 'public', 'test', 'SELECT' );
> ERROR:  role "public" does not exist
> test_us@workbook=#
>
> So there's no way to see if a particular privilege has been granted to public. ISTM 'public' should be accepted,
sinceyou can't use it as a role name anyway...

> test_us@workbook=# create role public;
> ERROR:  role name "public" is reserved
> test_us@workbook=# create role "public";
> ERROR:  role name "public" is reserved

It's a bit sticky - you could make that work for
has_table_privilege(name, oid, text) or has_table_privilege(name,
text, text), but what would you do about the versions whose first
argument is an oid?  It would seem a bit awkward to have the behavior
by asymmetrical, although I guess we could...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: ps display "waiting for max_standby_delay"
От: Takahiro Itagaki
Сообщение: Re: ps display "waiting for max_standby_delay"