Re: ps display "waiting for max_standby_delay"

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: ps display "waiting for max_standby_delay"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> > how about showing actual waiting time instead?
> >              " waiting for max_standby_delay (%d ms)",
> >              MaxStandbyDelay)
>
> Sounds interesting, but how often would the ps statust display be
> updated?  I hope not too often.

We can change the interval of updates to 500ms or so if do it,
but I rethink ps display is not the best place for the information.

I'd like to modify the additonal message "waiting for max_standby_delay"
just to "waiting", because we don't use "waiting for statement_timeout"
for normal queries.

If we need additional information about conflictions in recovery,
we would supply them with SQL views instead of ps display in 9.1.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center