Re: recovery.conf location

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: recovery.conf location
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Maybe i'm missing something but this would be a problem if we put a
> trigger file and the recovery.conf gets renamed to recovery.done, no?
> at least that would be a problem for the standbys that still need to
> be standbys

That's not problem unless more than one standbys become master at the
same time. Since recovery.conf is read by standby only at the start unless
it's triggered, already-started standbys can work even if recovery.conf is
renamed to recovery.done. Though it's somewhat tricky..

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center