Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Expect at least 3 commits from me over next few days.

I think you need to rethink the way that you decide when it's time to
commit things.  There is certainly no consensus on any of the things
you are proposing to commit, nor have they been adequately (or, uh, at
all) reviewed.  Saying that your proposal addresses all of Tom's
objections doesn't make it so.  I am planning to read that patch and
offer an opinion on it, but I haven't done so yet and I imagine Tom
will weigh in at some point as well.  Racing to commit a pile of code
that nobody else has tested is not going to improve anything.

...Robert