Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 06:23 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Expect at least 3 commits from me over next few days.
>
> I think you need to rethink the way that you decide when it's time to
> commit things.  There is certainly no consensus on any of the things
> you are proposing to commit, nor have they been adequately (or, uh, at
> all) reviewed.  Saying that your proposal addresses all of Tom's
> objections doesn't make it so.  I am planning to read that patch and
> offer an opinion on it, but I haven't done so yet and I imagine Tom
> will weigh in at some point as well.  Racing to commit a pile of code
> that nobody else has tested is not going to improve anything.

Only you have spoken of a race to commit and I have not said I would
refuse to listen to you or others.

Reading your words, it would be easy to forget we are a team of people
whose aim is software development. It's not the OK Corral.

Yesterday you berated me for unstable software. Today you oppose my
promise to fix that. Why is it, we all wonder, is it that you oppose
everything I say and do? No doubt you will oppose other committers in
the way you oppose me...