Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris future

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris future
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'd be happy to offer Solaris build services, as well, should this become an
> issue - for as long as we can maintain our loyalty to Solaris.  We are
> dependent now on the same set of variables to which Tom alludes.  I think
> the inference must be: That a company wielding the resources of an Oracle
> could have long ago made a clear commitment to its de facto (if inherited)
> opensource community, if such a commitment had been its intention.
> We're now all in limbo on this...
> And don't forget the hard work of Steve Christensen; Steve continues to
> offer builds of PostgreSQL - and loads of other immensely useful packages -
> on SunFreeware, even in the face of tenuous support from Sun.  Thank You,
> Steve!

Last company I worked at we used Oracle and the instant client had an
RPM version for RHEL4.  It was something like 3 versions behind.
Oracle's answer to my queries to have a new version made?  "Why don't
you make it?"

Wow, that's some support there...  I have no great hopes for Sun under
Oracle management.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris future
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris future