Re: patch: preload dictionary new version

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: patch: preload dictionary new version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/7/12 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> writes:
>> 2010/7/8 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>>> For example, the dictionary-load code could automatically execute
>>> the precompile step if it observed that the precompiled copy of the
>>> dictionary was missing or had an older file timestamp than the source.

I am not sure, but it can be recompiled when tseach code is actualised
(minor update) too.

>> There might be a problem in automatic precompiler -- Where should we
>> save the result? OS users of postgres servers don't have write-permission
>> to $PGSHARE in normal cases. Instead, we can store the precompiled
>> result to $PGDATA/pg_dict_cache or so.
>
> Yeah.  Actually we'd *have* to do something like that because $PGSHARE
> should contain only architecture-independent files, while the
> precompiled files would presumably have dependencies on endianness etc.

It is file and can be broken - so we have to check its consistency.
There have to some evidency of dictionaries in cache - how will  be
identified a precompiled file? We cannot use a dictionary name,
because it is a combination of dictionary and stop words. Have to have
to thinking about filenames length here? Will be beter some generated
name and a new system table?

Regards

Pavel Stehule

Сообщение: Re: patch: to_string, to_array functions
Сообщение: Re: patch: to_string, to_array functions