Re: recovery.conf location

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: recovery.conf location
Дата
Re: recovery.conf location  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 9/29/10 7:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> But that's not what Tom is talking about, I don't think: you might
>>> also want a way to explicitly whack the flag in pg_control around.
>>> That would probably be along the lines of pg_resetxlog.  I'm not sure
>>> how much use case there is for such a thing, but if it's needed it's
>>> certainly wouldn't be hard to write.
>>
>> Right, but instead of having to provide such a tool, we could just
>> store the status as a text file.  There is a pretty time-honored
>> tradition for that, ya know.
>
> And then move all the other config parameters to postgresql.conf?

The consensus seems to be to move only parameters for the standby server
(except standby_mode) to postgresql.conf. That is, primary_conninfo and
trigger_file.

> And
> have PG poll that text file periodically so that you could update it and
> it would fail over?

Hmm.. instead of that text file (i.e., recovery.conf), trigger file is
periodically polled by the standby server.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center