Re: recovery.conf location

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: recovery.conf location
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/29/10 7:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> But that's not what Tom is talking about, I don't think: you might
>> also want a way to explicitly whack the flag in pg_control around.
>> That would probably be along the lines of pg_resetxlog.  I'm not sure
>> how much use case there is for such a thing, but if it's needed it's
>> certainly wouldn't be hard to write.
>
> Right, but instead of having to provide such a tool, we could just
> store the status as a text file.  There is a pretty time-honored
> tradition for that, ya know.

And then move all the other config parameters to postgresql.conf?  And
have PG poll that text file periodically so that you could update it and
it would fail over?

+1.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com