Re: Missing uuid_generate_v1()

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: Missing uuid_generate_v1()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> writes:
>> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> If you have a libossp-uuid.so.16, you might try symlinking libuuid.so.16
>>> to that instead of carrying a separate file.
>
>> So now what you're saying is if it's not broke, fix it till it is :)
>
> Well, it's hard to argue with that position ;-).  But I'll try anyway:
> the platform-provided version of the library will be updated for bug
> fixes, compatibility rebuilds, etc.  Your private copy won't be, unless
> you remember to do it.  Eventually that's gonna bite ya.
>
> Of course the best fix would be for EDB to ship a build of Postgres
> that actually follows the platform-standard naming convention for this
> library.  I'm still wondering why they're linking to libuuid.so.
> Dave?
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Agreed.  However, if you go to
http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux then it points you right to
EnterpriseDB to download a bin installer.  So your choices are:

1) Use apt-get: This won't give you 9.0 yet (I think 10.04 only has 8.4)
2) Build it yourself (I'm not enough of a hacker to do this, probably
the case with most "novice" users)
3) One click installer maintained by EDB.
4) Some other repository out there?  Dunno if anyone maintains one.

I agree, EDB needs to make this "just work" on the latest Ubuntu.

Mike