Re: tsearch Parser Hacking

От Sushant Sinha
Тема Re: tsearch Parser Hacking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I agree that it will be a good idea to rewrite the entire thing. However, in the mean time, I sent a proposal earlier

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-08/msg00019.php

And a patch later:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-09/msg00476.php

Tom asked me to look into Compound Word support but I found it not usable. Here was my response:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-01/msg00419.php

I have not got any response since then,

-Sushant.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:33 AM, David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
On Feb 14, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> There is zero, none, nada, provision for modifying the behavior of the
> default parser, other than by changing its compiled-in state transition
> tables.
>
> It doesn't help any that said tables are baroquely designed and utterly
> undocumented.
>
> IMO, sooner or later we need to trash that code and replace it with
> something a bit more modification-friendly.

I was afraid you'd say that. Thanks.

David