Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Re: Add support for logging the current role  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 23:30, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * In assign_csvlog_fields(), we need to cleanup memory and memory context
> > before return on error.
> Fixed this and a couple of similar issues.

Not yet fixed. Switched memory context is not restored on error.

> Updated patch attached, git log below.

Now I mark the patch to "Ready for Committer",
because I don't have suggestions any more.

For reference, I note my previous questions. Some of them might be TODO
items, or might not. We can add the basic feature in 9.1, and improve it
9.2 or later versions.

* csvlog_fields and csvlog_header won't work with non-default log_filename when it doesn't contain seconds in the
format.They expect they can always open empty log files.

* The long default value for csvlog_fields leads long text line in postgresql.conf, SHOW ALL, pg_settings view, but
therewere no better alternative solutions in the past discussion.

* csvlog_fields is marked as PGC_POSTMASTER. It can protect mixed formats in a csv file on default log_filename, but
othersimilar GUC variables are usually marked AS PGC_SIGHUP.

--
Itagaki Takahiro