Re: Optimizing postgresql.conf for dedicated windows server 2003 x64 standard edition

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Optimizing postgresql.conf for dedicated windows server 2003 x64 standard edition
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2010/9/29 Andrus <kobruleht2@hot.ee>:
> I installed PostgreSql 9.0 Win 64 standard distro.
>
> Stack builder offered in end of installation does not contain
> postgresql.conf optimization wizard.
>
> How to optimize postgresql.conf  for 64 bit dedicated postgresql windows
> 2003 server or is default .conf file best for this?

It depends on how write-heavy the database will be, how much memory
you have to spare, and what sort of data you keep in it.  I'm
absolutely certain you will need to alter the config from the
defaults.  It's set up to be very conservative by default.

But take a look at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion