Re: Problems with Hibernate Discriminators and 9.0-801.jdbc4

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Problems with Hibernate Discriminators and 9.0-801.jdbc4
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> wrote:
> On 28 March 2011 21:02, sdavidr <david.ricoma@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, the problem is not only with version 9. The problem started with the
>> "returning *", that from my perspective is a very error prone solution and
>> of course it shows a poorly designed driver.
>>
>> The question is: is it very difficult to change that to a more correct
>> returning [identifier] ?
>
> We need an example of what is going wrong.
> What are the calls that Hibernate is making to the driver, and what is
> the driver returning that is incorrect?
>
> Oliver

If I understand this correctly he is using a column other than the
first one as the id and hibernate is assuming that the first column is
the key. Seems to me the most robust way to fix this is in hibernate.
Hibernate should be getting the key out of the column by name instead
of by number.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

Сообщение: Re: Problems with Hibernate Discriminators and 9.0-801.jdbc4
Сообщение: Re: Problems with Hibernate Discriminators and 9.0-801.jdbc4