Re: Dell Poweredge server and Postgres

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: Dell Poweredge server and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:43 PM, u235sentinel <u235sentinel@gmail.com> wrote:
> What kind of external RAID systems do you connect your Sun servers to?  I've
> talked to Oracle/Sun and haven't been able to get a solution even similar to
> the 4540 systems.  I'm hoping to find something that will allow a couple
> disk

Our primary DB server is a Sun X4200 M2 with 20Gb RAM with a "Dual
LSILogic FC7X04X 4Gb/s FC PCI-Express Adapter" fibre channel card
plugged into it, directly connected to a SurfRAID Triton 16 array from
Partners Data Systems.  The SurfRAID does the RAID using its internal
controlled.  It has 16 SATA drives and 2GB of cache.  I bought the
whole system configured and burn-in tested from Partners Data Systems.
 I highly recommend them.

Our backup DB server is almost identical.  The only difference is that
it is a Sun X4200 and uses the PCI-X version of the LSI card.

If you're looking to do ZFS you can set this disk system to be in JBOD
mode and it will easily handle all the data for you; I don't think
you'll need multiple controllers.