Re: Dell Poweredge server and Postgres

От u235sentinel
Тема Re: Dell Poweredge server and Postgres
Дата
Re: Dell Poweredge server and Postgres  (Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On 06/07/2010 12:13 PM, Vick Khera wrote:

> Ditto.  Of late I'm buying HPs, but I haven't yet put one into
> database service.  Our DB servers are all currently Sun with fibre
> channel cards to external RAID systems.

What kind of external RAID systems do you connect your Sun servers to?
I've talked to Oracle/Sun and haven't been able to get a solution even
similar to the 4540 systems.  I'm hoping to find something that will
allow a couple disk controllers to a subsystem.  Even one would be an
improvement.  That way if I have to I can setup a ZFS pool in whatever
RAID config I want across multiple controllers and disks.  I'm figuring
a 2TB database will choke if I only have one controller handling more
than a dozen or so disks.

Dell's solution doesn't sound right to me.  We've looked at HP.  They
are more expensive with similar hardware to what Dell is offering.

Сообщение: Re: [SOLVED] WINDOWS : PostgreSQL 8.4 Server Start Error
Сообщение: Re: [SOLVED] WINDOWS : PostgreSQL 8.4 Server Start Error