Re: proposal: auxiliary functions for record type

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: auxiliary functions for record type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/12/11 Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org>:
> On Dec11, 2010, at 06:20 , Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> I wrote a few functions for record type - record_expand,
>> record_get_fields, record_get_field, record_set_fields.
>
> Just FYI, I've created something similar a while ago. The code can be found at
> https://github.com/fgp/pg_record_inspect
>
> The main difference seems to be that my code allows you to retrieve fields from a record without casting it to text.
Asa consequence, however, it lacks the set-returning functions that your's provides. It also doesn't provide a way to
modifyfields.

Casting to text is necessary for PL/pgSQL. I am not happy from this,
but there are not other way than using a common type - text - because
you don't know a target type.

> Still, maybe we could join efforts here? I certain would *love* to see something like this either as a contrib module
orin core.

I'll look on your module,

Regards

Pavel Stehule

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: libpq changes for synchronous replication
От: Florian Pflug
Сообщение: Re: proposal: auxiliary functions for record type