Re: proposal: auxiliary functions for record type

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: proposal: auxiliary functions for record type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec11, 2010, at 06:20 , Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I wrote a few functions for record type - record_expand,
> record_get_fields, record_get_field, record_set_fields.

Just FYI, I've created something similar a while ago. The code can be found at
https://github.com/fgp/pg_record_inspect

The main difference seems to be that my code allows you to retrieve fields from a record without casting it to text. As
aconsequence, however, it lacks the set-returning functions that your's provides. It also doesn't provide a way to
modifyfields.

Still, maybe we could join efforts here? I certain would *love* to see something like this either as a contrib module
orin core.

best regards,
Florian Pflug