Re: MULTISET and additional functions for ARRAY

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: MULTISET and additional functions for ARRAY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Itagaki Takahiro
<itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> If we reuse type IDs of arrays for multisets, the multisets would
> have some special typmod. For example, typmod = 0 means multiset,
> and positive value means array with max cardinality. Note that
> the SQL standard doesn't mention about multi-dimensional arrays.
> So, we can use typmod = -1 as a free-size and free-dimensional
> array for backward compatibility.

I would really like to see us fix our type system so that it doesn't
require this type of awful hack.  But maybe that's asking too much of
a patch to implement this feature.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company