Re: How to change the file encoding of a 3gb file?

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: How to change the file encoding of a 3gb file?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm just guessing.

If you have a database in UTF8 and your SQL-file in some encoding so
what about doing this:

1. Connect to your database using psql
$ psql -p ... -h ... -U ... your_database

2. Set client encoding to the encoding of your SQL-file
yourdb=# \encoding your_sql_encoding

3. Load the SQL-file
\i your_sql_file

--