Re: redhat and postgresql management

От David Bear
Тема Re: redhat and postgresql management
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you all. This group is amazingly helpful. The combinations of emails and the document linked below did the trick.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
David Bear wrote:
I have RHEL 5.4 (64bit) that has a postgresql-lib 8.1 installed to satisfy dependancy for a dozen other packages including apache, php and other apache modules, and subversion.

I want to install postresql 8.3 but yum informs me of the version conflict of the library. May i safely just over write the postgresql-lib with the 8.3 lib ??

No.  I wrote a detailed guide to exactly how to step around this problem by installing the compat-postgresql-libs package provided by the PostgreSQL 8.3 package set you may find useful:  http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/pgrpm.htm

--
Greg Smith  2ndQuadrant US  Baltimore, MD
greg@2ndQuadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU