Installing PostgreSQL on Windows 7 64-bit system

От Christopher Farah
Тема Installing PostgreSQL on Windows 7 64-bit system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've read through numerous forums to get past the following error "An error occurred executing the Microsoft VC++ runtime installer".

As far as I can tell, the error can arise if user privileges are not correctly set or if a firewall or anti-virus software is interrupting the install. Having said that, I have tried a few work-arounds but need a systematic way to get this installed. Please direct me to the correct forums or troubleshooting required to install postgres.

Thanks a lot,

Chris