Обсуждение: Installing PostgreSQL on Windows 7 64-bit system

Installing PostgreSQL on Windows 7 64-bit system

От
Christopher Farah
Дата:
Hi,

I've read through numerous forums to get past the following error "An error occurred executing the Microsoft VC++ runtime installer".

As far as I can tell, the error can arise if user privileges are not correctly set or if a firewall or anti-virus software is interrupting the install. Having said that, I have tried a few work-arounds but need a systematic way to get this installed. Please direct me to the correct forums or troubleshooting required to install postgres.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Re: Installing PostgreSQL on Windows 7 64-bit system

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#Common_installation_errors