Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command

От zhong ming wu
Тема Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> A more recent version of Postgres would break that down for you: it
> means the subprocess exited with exit(127).  A look in the shell
> man page suggests this is a "command not found" failure.  Maybe
> there's something flaky about where you have rsync mounted?
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Thanks for the reply.

postgres user has both rsync and ssh in its path but is it possible
that it is not using $PATH ?

One other thing is that just before the error the postgres was
restarted by other admin with rc.d/postgresql command
instead of pg_ctl which is what I normally use.  Perhaps
rc.d/postgresql command does not work well with WAL sending command?

But just to be on the safe side I am changing postgresql.conf with
absolute path to rsync as WAL sending command.