Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
zhong ming wu <mr.z.m.wu@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a master PG 8.1.11 sending WAL files to a cold-standby using rsync

> For some reason it failed recently with "return codes 32512" and I couldn't
> find this num. as a valid rsync exit code

> During the time that the error was going on I tried the rsync command
> manually and didn't error

> Can someone tell me what kind if error is 32512

A more recent version of Postgres would break that down for you: it
means the subprocess exited with exit(127).  A look in the shell
man page suggests this is a "command not found" failure.  Maybe
there's something flaky about where you have rsync mounted?