Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime

От Piotr Gasidło
Тема Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime
Дата
Список pgsql-general
W dniu 22 lipca 2010 21:46 użytkownik Piotr Gasidło
<quaker@barbara.eu.org> napisał:
> W dniu 22 lipca 2010 21:34 użytkownik Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> napisał:
> (...)

Something new. The query is run against table which has been
partitioned into a lot of small tables.
When I combine data and put it into one table - the execution of
EXPLAIN ANALYZE compares with real SELECT timeing.

On paritioned:

EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ...
Total runtime: 14.790 ms
Time: 291,637 ms

On one table with data from all partitions and same indexes:

EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ...

Total runtime: 16.418 ms
Time: 17,371 ms

Can someone give me clue why EXPLAIN ANALYZE don't work correctly with
partitions?

--
Piotr Gasidło