Re: autovacuum strategy / parameters

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: autovacuum strategy / parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Which is the opposite of my experience; currently we have several
> clients who have issues which required more-frequent analyzes on
> specific tables.

That's all fine, but probably not too relevant to the original
complaint - the OP backed off the default settings by several orders
of magnitude, which might very well cause a problem with both VACUUM
and ANALYZE.

I don't have a stake in the ground on what the right settings are, but
I think it's fair to say that if you vacuum OR analyze much less
frequently than what we recommend my default, it might break.

...Robert