Minimal Postgresql installation for embedded app on Windows 32

От Frank Church
Тема Minimal Postgresql installation for embedded app on Windows 32
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I want to install postgresql as an embedded database and I am looking
to install the most minimal installation, with perhaps some support
for ODBC. I prefer to install it all in a separate directory so it
does not affect any standard PostgreSQL installation on the same
computer, running it as a different user, different ports etc.

In going through the contents of
http://downloads.enterprisedb.com/postgresql/postgresql-8.4.4-1-windows-binaries.zip
I see that ODBC is not included, does that require a Stackbuilder
installation?

If I need to use ODBC, does it have to be a standard installation in
the default directories, or can I create a separate configuration
still using the standard files, but manage to get the libraries
pointed to those of my installation,  using a different port?

It looks like unzipping and using pgctl can do most of what is
required except for the Stackbuilder requirements for ODBC. Can I
simply use the StackBuilder installation to install everything into
the same subdirectory, zip everything up and extract it do the same
folder during installation, then run some initialization scripts to
get stuff running as in the standard install?

Сообщение: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Сообщение: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?