Re: Count backend self-sync calls

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Count backend self-sync calls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> With those changes, I think this is committable, and will do so,
>> barring objections.
>
> Obey message style guidelines, please, especially if you're going
> to promote any of those to ereports.

The only new message would be the one Greg has as:

Unable to forward fsync request, executing directly

For that, we could just go with:

could not forward fsync request

(Lower case, avoid use of unable, telegram style with program as
implicit subject.)

It might be even better to mention that the reason why we couldn't
forward the fsync request is that the fsync request queue is full.
I'm not sure exactly how to phrase that.  I thought about:

fsync request queue is full

But that seems not to answer the "so what" question.  There is an
example like this in the docs:

could not forward fsync request (fsync request queue is full)

...but I'm not sure I like that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company