Re: Count backend self-sync calls

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Count backend self-sync calls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It might be even better to mention that the reason why we couldn't
> forward the fsync request is that the fsync request queue is full.
> I'm not sure exactly how to phrase that.  I thought about:

> fsync request queue is full

> But that seems not to answer the "so what" question.  There is an
> example like this in the docs:

> could not forward fsync request (fsync request queue is full)

> ...but I'm not sure I like that.

Well, that example is meant to cover cases where you have to assemble a
couple of independently created phrases.  In this case I'd suggestcould not forward fsync request because request queue
isfull

or, if you think there might sometime be a need to have a strerror
variant, iecould not forward fsync request: %m
then maybe this would make the most sense:could not forward fsync request: request queue is full