Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10 November 2010 17:30, Jason <jason.friess@lmco.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.
>
> Yes - we're aware that there are newer versions of PostgreSQL out there.  If
> it were completely up to us we would be using 8.2.18 or even 8.4.  The
> problem is - we need to install on a network that has a rather involved
> approval process for all software tools that are introduced.  8.2.3 was
> previously approved.  Getting a newer version of PostgreSQL approved would
> probably take time that we do not have given the time-critical nature of our
> effort.

It's pretty obvious to all of us that what you're doing is far riskier
than just upgrading to 8.2.18, and makes absolutely no sense. There
are no behavioural differences between 8.2.3 and 8.2.18. We are
*extremely* conservative and disciplined about release management, so
that users don''t have to worry about this stuff.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan