Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Daniel Farina
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Per:

> It seems we may have a problem to consider. As far as I know, we are the
> only major platform that supports libedit but our default is readline.
> Unfortunately readline is not compatible with OpenSSL (apparently?)
> licensing.
>
> This seems that it may be a problem for us considering the pre-package
> builds we do.
>
> What does everyone think? Should we work on getting libedit up to snuff?

I have to admit, this change in debian packaging -- which I have
noticed, and not a little -- makes my hands angry. I considered
looking into the problem, but were I doing it, I would have considered
teaching psql to support NSS or GnuTLS as totally viable alternatives
to this problem, as to keep readline.

--
fdr