Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Daniel Farina (drfarina@acm.org) wrote:
> I have to admit, this change in debian packaging -- which I have
> noticed, and not a little -- makes my hands angry. I considered
> looking into the problem, but were I doing it, I would have considered
> teaching psql to support NSS or GnuTLS as totally viable alternatives
> to this problem, as to keep readline.

Supporting GnuTLS would be really nice..  That's how we addressed the
same issue w/ OpenLDAP (I was involved in that as a Debian
co-maintainer).  GnuTLS has limitations too, but in the end, I find
those more palatable (and the GnuTLS maintainer is certainly willing to
work on improving it) than dropping readline. :/
THanks,
    Stephen