Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?

От Tim Uckun
Тема Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Gary Chambers <gwchamb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Where is the FAST button for postgres updates? What parameter do I
>> have to set in order to update 6000 records in under an hour?
>
> Which version of Postgres?

8.4

  >Have you investigated more than just two
> performance tuning parameters?

I followed the advice I found when searching this mailing list.

>Does your MS Access version of the
> query run any faster?

I don't have access but I suspect it would.  How long should it take
to update three fields in 6000 records in your opinion.

> http://tinyurl.com/2fsjmv4

Ah yes I was expecting something snarky. Thanks.

BTW I have read many of those links and have adjusted some values but
honestly there are so many buttons to push and knobs to dial that it's
hard to know what will fix what.

Also searching the mailing list shows that this is a pretty commonly
asked question but I wasn't able to find an answer other than
increasing the parameters I listed.