Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause,

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 15:22 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
>
>> On the second thought, I think it's useful to emit the NOTICE message when
>> recovery reaches the pause point, as follows.
>>
>>     NOTICE: Recovery will not complete until pg_xlog_replay_resume() is called.
>
> I'm OK with adding a message, but NOTICE is the wrong level.
>
> My proposal is this message
>
> LOG:  Recovery has paused. Execute pg_xlog_replay_resume() to continue.

I agree to use LOG level. But "Execute pg_xlog_replay_resume() to continue."
looks like a hint rather than log. So what about:

LOG:  Recovery has paused.
HINT: Execute pg_xlog_replay_resume() to continue.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center