Re: [HACKERS] "Extension" versus "module"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "Extension" versus "module"
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> I would say that some modules are extensions, but not all. A standalone
> executable might be part of a module, but would not be an extension.

> Remember also that not all modules out there on the net will have been
> updated either, so we must be able to discuss "extension-izing a
> module". (??)

Right.  So it seems like we ought to stick with more or less the
existing terminology: those various components under contrib/ are
modules.  Some of them are also extensions, but not all.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] "Extension" versus "module"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] "Extension" versus "module"