Re: Array interface

От Conor Walsh
Тема Re: Array interface
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com> wrote:
> I was surprised because I expected array bind to produce better
> results over the network than the row-by-row operations, yet it
> didn't.  Can anybody elaborate a bit?

While all of the bulk-execute functions are likely to have
implementations, they are not necessarily likely to actually be
efficient implementations.

I ran into this with DBD::ODBC a while back because DBD::ODBC
implements execute_array() as "execute($_) foreach(@_)".  DBD::Pg
doesn't appear to implement execute_array() at all, so perhaps it's
falling back on a similar default implementation in the superclass.

I generally suspect this is a Perl problem rather than a Postgres
problem, but can't say more without code.  Maybe try pastebin if
you're having email censorship issues.

-Conor

Сообщение: Re: A query become very slow after upgrade from 8.1.10 to 8.4.5
Сообщение: Re: A query become very slow after upgrade from 8.1.10 to 8.4.5