Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On ons, 2010-09-22 at 12:20 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> > No, it's really not hierarchical. It only has goes one level deep.
>>
>> I guess pgAdmin/wxWidgets are broken then :-)
>>
>> [Servers]
>> Count=5
>> [Servers/1]
>> Server=localhost
>
> Well, by that logic, even what we have now for postgresql.conf is
> hierarchical.

Well, yes - if you consider add-in GUCs which use prefixing like foo.setting=...

> I think the criterion was rather meant to be
>
> - can represent hierarchies without repeating intermediate node names

If this were data, I could understand that as it could lead to
tremendous bloat, but as a config file, I'd rather have the
readability of the ini format, despite the repeated node names, than
have to hack XML files by hand.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com