Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 09/22/2010 07:20 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>  wrote:
>>
>> On 09/22/2010 04:54 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>>> The ini format meets all of those requirements - and it's certainly
>>> far more readable/editable than XML and friends.
>>>
>> No, it's really not hierarchical. It only has goes one level deep.
> I guess pgAdmin/wxWidgets are broken then :-)
>
> [Servers]
> Count=5
> [Servers/1]
> Server=localhost
> Description=PostgreSQL 8.3
> ServiceID=
> DiscoveryID=/PostgreSQL/8.3
> Port=5432
> StorePwd=true
> Restore=false
> Database=postgres
> Username=postgres
> LastDatabase=postgres
> LastSchema=public
> DbRestriction=
> Colour=#FFFFFF
> SSL=0
> Group=PPAS
> Rolename=
> [Servers/1/Databases]
> [Servers/1/Databases/postgres]
> SchemaRestriction=
> [Servers/1/Databases/pphq]
> SchemaRestriction=
> [Servers/1/Databases/template_postgis]
> SchemaRestriction=
> [Servers/2]

Well, that's not what I'd call a hierarchy, in any sane sense. I've
often had to dig all over the place in ini files to find related bits of
information in disparate parts of the file. Compared to a meaningful
tree structure this is utterly woeful. In a sensible hierarchical
format, all the information relating to, say, Servers/1 above, wopuld be
under a stanza with that heading, instead of having separate and
unnested stanzas like Servers/1/Databases/template_postgis.

If you could nest stanzas in ini file format it would probably do, but
you can't, leading to the above major ugliness.

cheers

andrew