Re: problem with an account name 'replication' for streaming replication

От Uwe Bartels
Тема Re: problem with an account name 'replication' for streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 30 March 2011 22:43, raghu ram <raghuchennuru@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Uwe Bartels <uwe.bartels@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

when I used the postgres login 'replication' as the account for streaming replication I get the following error message:
2011-03-28 18:06:47 CEST FATAL:  could not connect to the primary server: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host "172.16.56.122", user "replication", SSL off

The corresponding pg_hba.conf entry was correct and there was no other matching entry before that line.
# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            CIDR-ADDRESS            METHOD
host    replication     replication              172.16.56.122/32        md5

By changing the account name - everything worked as smoth as I am used to with postgres.

The standby server must have superuser access privileges required. could you please check it,if the "replication" user having superuser privileges or not.
yes, i gave the replication user the login+superuser rights.
unfortunately i already deleted the account so i cannot double check.

Uwe

--Raghu Ram

Best Regards,
Uwe

Сообщение: Re: problem with an account name 'replication' for streaming replication
Сообщение: Re: problem with an account name 'replication' for streaming replication