Re: Segfault related to pg_authid when running initdb from git master

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Segfault related to pg_authid when running initdb from git master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Peter Geoghegan
<peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Before that, have you tried the old standby of "make distclean" and a
>> full rebuild/reinstall?  The lack of buildfarm confirmation makes me
>> highly suspicious that there's any real problem.
>
> That's fixed both problems. I should have tried it much sooner. I
> guess that even though the binaries built were new, they were somehow
> linked with one or more older, "release" object files. Thanks.

Gah.  I assumed you had cleaned out your tree.  Oh, well.

If you don't use --enable-depend, you can get this kind of issue.
Even if you do, it's worth trying a full clean out (I use git clean
-dfx) if you get something weird.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company