Re: Protecting against unexpected zero-pages: proposal

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Protecting against unexpected zero-pages: proposal
Дата
Re: Protecting against unexpected zero-pages: proposal  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> The whole point of the hint bits is that it's in the same place as the data.
>
> Yes, but the hint bits are currently causing us trouble on several
> features or potential features:

Then we might have to get rid of hint bits. But they're hint bits for
a metadata file that already exists, creating another metadata file
doesn't solve anything.

Though incidentally all of the other items you mentioned are generic
problems caused by with MVCC, not hint bits.

--
greg