Re: Index size growing

От Rajendra prasad
Тема Re: Index size growing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I am not doing vacuum atall.

Prasad

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:06 PM, scorpdaddy@hotmail.com <scorpdaddy@hotmail.com> wrote:
How recent is the vacuum in this DB?

----- Reply message -----
From: "Rajendra prasad" <rajendra.dn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 31, 2011 11:01 pm
Subject: [ADMIN] Index size growing
To: <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>

Hi,

I have 50 GB data base folder for postgres. Out of 50 GB 20 GB has been
occupied by 8 indexes of a single table by growing upto 2 GB each. I googled
and got the info that reindex will help brining back the actual size of the
index. But the disk has only 4 GB left . Due to this, when i run reindex it
is getting almost full. I don't know exactly why it is growing like that
during reindex. Due to this i am not able to complete the reindex and see if
i get back the disk spacce. Please suggest me a good solution and the way
that i am doing is logical or not.

Regards,
Rajendra