Re: Postgres Replication Options

От Rosser Schwarz
Тема Re: Postgres Replication Options
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Rangi, Jai <jrangi@automotive.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a replication solution for PG 9.x. Idea is to have one
> master replication server and multiple (around 20) slave servers read only.

I know (anecdotally) of at least one organization that's using Bucardo
[1] to synchronize many more machines than that.  I've used it to
manage eight to ten slaves, simultaneously with master-master
replication without significant issue, and with a replication lag
typically in the low single-digit seconds, at the outside.

In order to reduce replication overhead and keep things performant
with as many slaves as you're talking about, you might want to use
"cascaded" slaves, where the R/W master updates a subset of the
slaves, which then propagate the changes to slaves of their own.  Look
at the documentation for "makedelta" to enable cascading slave tiers.

rls

[1] http://bucardo.org

--
:wq