Re: range intervals in window function frames

От Hitoshi Harada
Тема Re: range intervals in window function frames
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/12/16 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Excerpts from Daniel Popowich's message of mié dic 15 15:02:05 -0300 2010:
>
>>   1) Is there active work on window functions with frames over
>>      interval ranges?
>
> Yeah, we had a patch for that but it was rejected; only ROWS was
> implemented.  RANGE needed more work; not sure if the patch author is
> working on it.
>
>>   2) If not, how can I help with that?
>
> I think you should ping Hitoshi Harada directly.

I am not working on it right now. It needed new infrastructure in the
core, and KNNGIST might help it but I'm not sure yet. I'll see if I
can do something for 9.1 over the new year. If someone wants to write
a patch, I can help him somehow, too.

Regards,

--
Hitoshi Harada