Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 16:33, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On mån, 2010-11-22 at 12:37 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Do we want to backpatch it into contrib/?
>
>> It's not a bug fix or an upgrading aid, so no.
>
> I'm less than thrilled about back-patching this, too.  It seems to fly
> in the face of all our historical practice.
>
> If you drop the bit about back-patching, then I don't particularly care
> whether it goes into core or contrib for 9.1 --- whichever packaging
> makes the most sense is fine.

My suggestion in the first place was not to backpatch it - I just
wanted to get peoples opinions. I'm perfectly happy if we keep it
somewhere else for the time being - as long as we make the binaries
easily available. But that can go on the wiki for example.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Сообщение: Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)