Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters
Дата
Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters  (Greg <grigorey@yahoo.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Greg <grigorey@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Pavel, thanks! Yeah, thats what I though. I have to have a custom type or a very ugly looking solution for passing
theparams then.

> To Postgre dev. team: If anyone who involved in Postgre development reading this, just a feature suggestion: allow
arraythat can accept combination of any data types to be passed to a function, for example:
>       // declare
>       create function TEST ( anytypearray[] ) ...
>       // calling
>       perform TEST (array[bool, int, etc.] ) ....
> This would make such a nice adition to the development for postgre. Although this may be complecated to achieve.

probably hstore would be more appropriate for something like that.
You can also declare functions taking composite arrays, anyarray,
variadic array, and variadic "any", although the latter requires
function implementation in C to get the most out of it.

merlin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Bug: citext not working in non-public schema
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters